forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwakergu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [views] Skin updated
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:38:54 GMT
> > Changes:
> > o now the skin uses a single color for links. the red for current link
> > is gone since the square brackets seem to convey the message
>
> Looks good. But now the formerly red items are black. You might want
> to decide to either make them blue (like all other menu items) or make
> all other menu items blue for calmer appearance of the menus.

Ok. Try now and see if it looks any better. Basically menu entries are
always blue. Category headings are always black.

> My links are still very bold. See screenshot sent by pm.

Links *will* be bold. Visited links should not be bold. Earlier I was
making links bold while hovering, that was turned off.

> > o rendering on wide screens was problematic because of too long lines.
> > right now the skin uses a maximum of 800 px screen space. if there's
> > more, it won't take it. if there's less, it will adjust :)
>
> Looks better. Though there seems to be an item with the tabs at some
> sizes. Might help to just set right text margin and leave white box
> full width.
>
> See screenshot sent by pm.

You picked a very special case :) If the window is shrunk so that it
cuts a word in the middle, only in that case the problem comes. If you
shrink it a little more, the tabs will wrap around nicely :)

--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker