forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: documentation additions and issue tracking (Was: App vs Data) [moved from user list]
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 13:19:47 GMT

David Crossley wrote:

> Actually Ferdinand, this discussion should be happening on the dev list.

Fine by me. Here it is.

> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>> As you might know Ross and I have put considerable time into working
>> on a chapter structure for a book on Single Source Publishing with
>> Forrest. Since we didn't follow through with the project (there will
>> only be a German book) we are prepared to donate this structure (more
>> precisely: the rights to this concept for an English publication) as a
>> basis for the Forrest documentation project.

> Not sure what your mean by "rights to this concept". See the Apache License 2.0

The rights to the concept for a book are similar to the rights to the
book itself. And so I have to make clear that I/we are donating the
rights to this concept in the English language version to Apache while
I cannot do the same for the German version which is to become a
published book (and rather similar). If that is a problem we can
probably not do this without talking to the publisher.

> We can sure study it, but we need comments to come back to this mailing list.
> We can't have design discussions shut away in separate documents.

Well, I didn't see structuring of help as a design issue but I guess
it is. I was just thinking that it might be a pain to work on such a
large and structured document in ASCII-Text.

--
Ferdinand Soethe