forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: documentation additions and issue tracking (Was: App vs Data) [moved from user list]
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 14:23:24 GMT

David Crossley wrote:

> If you tell the list what your general aim is then
> we can see what any legal issues might be. We can also
> seek help from the Apache "legal-discuss" mailing list.

It is actually quite simple to describe:

I want to donate the concept for the English language version of our
book to Apache while keeping all the rights for the German version to
avoid any conflicts or problems with my publishers.

The (potential) problem is that in the publishing world you can
license the right to publish different language versions separately
(e.g. to different publishers) but I'm not sure if that works with the
Apache license.

--
Ferdinand Soethe