forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: Fix unfixed? 'Note: Use Ctrl-C to stop the demo Jetty server'
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 10:54:26 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

> It's still output by my version of Forrest:
> run_default_jetty:
>    Note: Use Ctrl-C to stop the demo Jetty server

Yes, same in mine. I just thought I'd seen an improvement ...
Must have been wishful thinking :-)

While I was at it, I tried to find another solution for http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-364
but I found that

- Micr_soft no longer supports the break-command under win32 so that
  we cannot suppress Ctrl-C aborting the batch file and so far I also
  found no option to make that query optional.

- The documentation for the jetty's server lists no option to
  stop the server other than Ctrl-C or calling a certain port.

So I guess adding some OS-specific text for MS-systems like I
suggested is really the only option to deal with confusing query.

Will to find the proper ant command to make test for the
OS ...

--
Ferdinand Soethe