forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] A CMS for our Docs
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:17:17 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

> Ahh, but that is the "smart" part of my proposal.

Hey, are you saying there are sometimes not so smart parts in your
proposals :-)

> There is no need to
> move existing docs if we don't want to. With the locationmap branch we
> can use content form multiple locations.

Can somebody put this in plain apprentice English for me pls ...

> So what is currently in SVN
> stays there until we decide to move it.

> Like Nicola says "Consolodation can come later". We won't know what to
> consolodate on until we have experimented more.

Arg. I've done such jobs before and found it a pain ...

I'd rather we test this on a new and rather independent part of the
docs (such as the manual) to avoid this.

--
Ferdinand Soethe