forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: Questions about the release instructions
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:51:32 GMT

David Crossley wrote:

> This time it sounds like Ferdinand is offering to help.

Yes, I'll try. The reason I didn't say so before asking the questions
was that I want to fully understand what I have to do before I commit
myself to doing it ...

> That is great, because we need more people to understand it
> and not rely on any particular people.

I was more thinking of spreading the nasty admin work on more
shoulders ...

> Ferdinand, the procedure assumes that you are familiar
> with login to the Apache server, familiar with using SVN,
> and building the Forrest website, etc. These notes do not
> attempt to describe all the background.

This is always my problem coming from a non-unix, non-open-source,
non-whoknowswhatelse background. The learning curve is rather steep

> I reckon it would be better that i do the process and that
> Ferdinand helps me or at least comes along for part of the ride.

Lazy as I am, I wouldn't mind that at all.

Although, in order to really learn it, I'd probably better do it and
ask you for help where I get stuck.

A first step would be to update the instructions before i start.
Anybody mind if I update them to show more details for people w/o that
background?

--
Ferdinand Soethe