forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Post processing using views
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:20:14 GMT
On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 18:06 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> I have a skin that I use for adding links to a glossary page. In my
> xdocs I have links like this:

> The skin uses the class="glossary" attribute to flag glossary links and
> this is converted to something like:

That is done right now in document2html.xsl, right?

> This works just fine, but now I want to use the same kind of
> functionality in a views based site. So I have a couple of questions.
>
> 1) Is there a way to extend the the "skin" to do the necessary link
> rewriting? I know I can do it be extending the leather-dev skin, but is
> there a better way now we have views? This leads me to the next question:

Ok, the thing is we are still using the document2html.xsl from
leather-dev. That means this link rewriting is normally done in an
earlier processing step then where views come in to play.

We need to discuss how we can place the views earlier in the processing.

> 2) can an input plugin add the necessary view extensions? That is, since
> I have now put the DTD and stylesheets for glossary.html into a plugin I
> would like the rewrite rules to be provided by the plugin as well,
> rather than the "skin"

To the second question, I agree that best practice would be that the
plugin would offer the necessary view extensions. IMO that means that a
plugin that is offering a contract implementation would need to
"register" in the viewHelper plugin. I am still unsure what the best way
will be.

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"