forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: [RT] IRC vs. Skype
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:28:06 GMT
On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 12:58 -0400, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > I would go with Nicola and Gregor, to use common resources that would
> > leverage the administration and setup of such a system. I reckon lenya
> > would happily meet in a #cocoon-federation channel, that would be
> > meeting point for cocoon, lenya and forrest committer.
> no.
> the whole point was to leverage an existing channel, not further the
> seperation by creating yet another.

So your requested suggestion for a name (see the other mail) was between
cocoon and lenya, because that channels exist?

> irc is about community, and creating more channels is totally counter to
> that. you'd want to make more people casually aware of what's going on
> without having them to join yet another channel.

Totally agree but that could be done as well in the suggested channel.
We can have bots to connect e.g. #lenya and #cocoon with

> contrary to a mailing list, this is not hijacking, because the people on
> the channel are specifically there to banter or lurk.

One can implement it with bots like I said before. From the
#cocoon-federation channel e.g. it is possible to send messages to
#lenya and as well follow their conversion. It would be a kind of meta

bot lenya
bot cocoon
bot ...

bot cocoon-federation