forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn: line-endings appropriate for your system (Was: svn commit: r190087)
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:50:39 GMT
On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 12:40 -0400, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> >>for /r %A in (*.xml) do dos2unix %A
> >>for /r %A in (*.xml) do svn propset svn:eol-style native %A
> >
> > But why would you do dos2unix on a windows system?
> > Shouldn't it be unix2dos i.e. native?

It has to be on a windows box dos2unix because our SVN server is set up
on linux. With other words dos2unix = dos2native in our case.

> every time i run forrest and then want to check in the new site into
> svn, i have to do this, or SVN will complain. running the command above
> fixes this.
>
> > Each committer must ensure that patches and new files
> > have line-endings appropriate for their own system. Then ensure
> > that your svn client automatically sets the 'svn:eol-style native'.
> > http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn
>
> i have this set up, doesn't matter for updates

Hmm, could it be that this is a svn bug on windows? I am on debian
derivate linux and since I set it up it works like a charm.

...just use e.g. unbuntu and you will never miss windows and have always
eol-style set. ;-)

salu2
--
thorsten