forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Views documentation
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:52:46 GMT
On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 15:22 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> I'm finally getting time to look at views :-))
>
> My first port of call was the lovely new docs Thorsten has been working
> on - thanks Thorsten.
>
> However, I notice that these are included in the 0.7 docs, but views are
> in whiteboard. I think this may be confusing for users when we release 0.7
>
> I propose taking out the links to the views docs for the 0.7 release.
> Then as soon as 0.7 is out the door we move views out of whiteboard and
> put the docs back in. This will make the docs appear under 0.8
>
> Alternatively we need to put nice big warnings saying the docs are for
> code in the whiteboard.
>
> Which would the community prefer?

ähm, david already implemented the warning. I am +1 for that. ;-)

e.g. http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/docs/howto/howto-view-dsl.html
contains:

Warning
"Views" are new functionality which is still in development phase. That
is why it is in the "whiteboard" section of the Forrest distribution.
This HowTo is far from being finished. "

IMO that is good enough for a preview feature. BTW thx David again!

salu2

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"