forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject [views] Headsup - today suddenly views haven't worked anymore
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:57:32 GMT
Hello devs,

FAQ: today suddenly views haven't worked anymore.

Possible problem: If this happens for you then check
http://xobjex.com/service/date.xsl in a browser.
If you do not get an answer in your browser, that is the problem.

Solution: change in your view a contract that causes cocoon to hang up
and waiting forever for an answer:
<!--<forrest:contract name="last-published-net"/>-->
You can use the js-fallback:
<forrest:contract name="last-published">

Background:
After a good while of debugging (p.s. we need a better design and
debugging) I found out that the problem has been one contract.

The last-published-net contract is contacting a server for the time. The
problem is that
02:19:15 thorsten@cartman>~/apache/forrest-trunk $ ping xobjex.com
PING xobjex.com (64.81.233.221) 56(84) bytes of data.
did not gave an answer but my net was up. :(

I learned from this that
select="document('http://xobjex.com/service/date.xsl')/date"
is a dangerous thing to do in contracts.

I reckon this has to be done earlier with the locationmap. I guess there
is a timeout implemented to overcome this problem. I will hopefully know
more after the weekend and can address this issue. ;-)

good night.

salu2
--
thorsten