forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: preview of new skin
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 22:34:01 GMT
On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 15:10 -0700, Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> > I am +1 to use your skin as dev version for views this will allow to
> > concentrate on the contracts and not the css.
> >
> > Can we use yours? Then I do not have to worry anymore about tweaking the
> > scale-dev and finally got rid of the css-overhead.
>
> Sure!

:)

> > For submitting a skin with view/viewHelper you will need to provide the
> > following resources (* - required):
> > a)* default.fv
> > b)* default.css
> > c) additional-contracts (*.ft)
>
> Coming up. Should I put them on Jira or just post to the list? I'll go
> with JIRA for now.

+1 for jira (ever). ;-)

> > Actually I am thinking about changing the 'default' naming to
> > {skin-name}.fv/css in the matching code, that will enable different
> > skins more easy.
> >
> > WDYT?
>
> Hmm. Sounds ok, except I haven't got a "name" for my skin as of now :(
> Creative minds please come forth. I'm inclined to call it
> "minimalistic" :D

Ok, now I have to think how to in-cooperate this new needs (hope to get
set up Shean quickly and we can directly deliver with two example
skins). ;-)

I reckon a new element in the forrest.properties would be the best. e.g.
view.xhmtl.skin.name=minimalistic
or
view.xhmtl.skin.name=scale

...but if this skins are official part of forrest then I guess they have
to meet:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/skins/new-skin-names.txt

> Diwaker

saludos