forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Why using views - in comparison with "old fashion" skins - usecase i18n.
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 02:45:55 GMT
On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 19:04 -0700, Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> On 6/4/05, Thorsten Scherler <thorsten@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > I had to extend the default.fv with a new line:
> > <forrest:contract name="last-published"/>
> > to activate the new contract in any place of the output that I want.
As
> > well it is possible to place the contract as much as I want.
> >
> > Refactoring site2xhtml.xsl has similarities of generating contracts
for
> > the view plugin. The biggest different is that we extract the code
> > snippet in another file and not the site2xhtml.xsl and winning the
> > flexibility of placing it where we want.
> >
> > That prevent as well the situation where you have to "rip parts out
of
> > the skin" if you do not want them. In views you just do not use the
> > contract and it will not be outputed.
>
> Hi,
>
> This looks great! On a related note, is anyone working on a "Credits"
nugget?

You mean contract? No I added some today but mainly related to the
document (content-contract). If you want go ahead and add it. ;-)

In my testing fv I added for replacing the content-contract (which was
the direct parse through from document2html.xsl from leather):
<forrest:hook name="content">
  <forrest:contract name="fontsize"/>
  <forrest:contract name="content-title"/>
  <forrest:hook name="last-published-tagline">
    <forrest:contract name="last-published"/>
    <forrest:hook name="motd-page" >
     <forrest:contract name="motd-page"/>
    </forrest:hook>
   </forrest:hook>
   <forrest:contract name="minitoc"/>
   <forrest:contract name="content-abstract"/>
   <!--Fixme:<forrest:contract name="content-main"/>-->
</forrest:hook>

I will finish tomorrow the content-main hopefully. ;-)

> A long time back I had complained about the use of Javascript for
> generating the last published timestamp, and till date there is no
> neat solution for doing this from within XSLT. Javascript is great (as
> Google has aptly demonstrated), but for my static pages generated from
> Forrest, I would like the timestamp to be visible even in text
> browsers like elinks. Today as I was again browsing to find a
> solution, I came across this:
>
> http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect4/dateTime.html#d12477e16
>
> It seems to me like a reasonably good solution (atleast in the short
> term). I have modified my local copy of the last-published contract to
> use this. If there's interest, I can submit a patch.

Yes that would be great. :) That could be the 'last-published-net'
contract.

> Cheers,
> Diwaker

salu2