forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <>
Subject Re: does checksums-uri in cli.conf work?
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 13:39:58 GMT
Trying to test the checksums-uri in cli.conf, I got really confused
and I'm not sure what is happening. Did I miss something or are there
indeed several nonfunctional settings in cli.conf?

I'd appreciate some comments on this.

Ferdinand Soethe

Here is what I did

1. Seeded a new forrest site in mysite
2. Create new dir
3. Copied P:\forrest\main\webapp\WEB-INF\cli.xconf to mysite

4. Added new line

5. Added the setting

   below the commented section.

6. Did a 'forrest site'

Now I should have found a new directory build/checksums.
But I did't.
I checked the rest of the forrest tree. No difference.

7. To be sure I created the directory and did a 'forrest site' once

Nothing changed. New dir remained empty.

8. No I changed the setting (to be sure mir cli.xconf was processed)

9. Deleted build and did a 'forrest site'

Output was still written to build/site.

10. Finally I added

         <exclude pattern="**/*.html"/>

and found that no more html-page where written to site.

My Conclusion:

        I had modified the correct cli.conf.
        The exclude pattern is recognized.
        The other options are not processed.