forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gre...@apache.org>
Subject Locationmaps and Lenya integration
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 23:51:40 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> I'm going to come back to this after we have submitted the Apachecon
> presentation. I'd like to see how Thorstens work integrates with
> locationmap as that is the next thing I need in Forrest. It makes using
> things like Daisy or Lenya far easier and may be the ideal place for
> view configurations like this one. I'll catch up with Thorstens recent
> RT's and try and bring the locationmap idea into them.

hmm, can you explain this a bit more? i haven't followed the list very
closely and would appreciate a quick summary as to how this could
improve said integration?

forgive me my ignorance, but when i see things like

<forrest:views xmlns:forrest="http://apache.org/forrest/templates/1.0"
     xmlns:logic="http://apache.org/forrest/logic/1.0">
<logic:filter value="dirCut" parameter="p">
     <forrest:view format="inx" />
</logic:filter>
<logic:filter value="actorCut" parameter="p">
     <forrest:view format="inx" />
</logic:filter>

i am wondering if forrest is moving into a direction of 'programming in
xml'. is this the case? is there a document / discussion / wiki page
somewhere that explains the goals behind this?

thanks,

-gregor