forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: To change or not to changing threads ( Re: Comment on index.html (Re: Where to change comments to configuration files))
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 11:33:12 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> My problem is not different threads but the temptation of sending instant
> replies. I just needed to take the time, read all new stuff and then
> respond to avoid this.

Instant replies also tend to lower the signal2noise ratio, can create
tensions in case of important discussions, make it easy to mistakenly
difficult to understand. As a general case, waiting some time will
always help, and also ease the personal tension. Updating mail once a
day or at most hourly also helps.

Believe me, as I have already suffered consequences from my bad habit of
sending quick mails ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -