forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: Encoding-atribute in site.xml (copied from user list)
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 13:25:22 GMT

Johannes Schaefer wrote:

JS> There is a related FAQ entry:
JS>    http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/docs/faq.html#encoding

JS> Johannes

Thanks. I missed that just looking at the old 0.6 FAQs.
What we perhaps should add is which encodings Forrest will understand
as only utf-8 and utf-16 are required by all xml-tools and
understanding all the rest is optional.

Obviously ISO-8859-1 is one of them. Any others confirmed?

There is a reference in the FAQ pointing to

> GT2004 presentation by Torsten Schlabach

which in fact only links to Torstens bio.
The best I could find there in terms of more details was
http://orixo.com/events/gt2004/sessions.html#torsten.

Does anybody have the full presentation or know where to find it? If
not, we might as well take out the link?!

--
Ferdinand Soethe