forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: Meetup at ApacheCon? --> Room nearby!
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 09:33:38 GMT

Johannes Schaefer wrote:

> Good news: we can have a room at the FHT for the
> evenings, thanks to Prof. Hauber.

Hey this is great news. Thanks to Johannes and Peter for solving this
problem for us.

> We'll need to decide when we'll meet.

OK, I suggest to have

- the general Forrest Meetup on Wednesday evening
  (the day of our Forrest presentation) so that people can come and
  ask more questions ...

- the views-workshop on Thursday so that people won't have to hang
  around for all three days of the conference.

With Johannes' mail saying "evenings" (plural) I'd gratefully take the
offered room for both evenings to not exclude people. If that is not
stretching Peter's hospitality too far?

Would 19:00 hrs be good time to start?

I'm off-line till Wednesday. Since some people need to arrange for
their travel we should decide soon. So how about taking the time to
comment until Wednesday so we can finalize the arrangements this week?

(Below I'll include the agenda for both meetings from previous mail.)

--
Ferdinand Soethe

We General Exchange on Forrest

   an opportunity for Forrest users and developers to meet and have an
   open exchange about Forrest. If we have enough people committed to
   participating, we could/should we announce this meeting in our
   Forrest session for interested people to join us.

Th Workshop Forrest Views

   with Thorsten explaining the concept and practical details of his
   Forrest-Views and plenty of opportunity to ask questions.

   My hope is that I will have a chance to understand Views after that
   which means that we will address people with a limited
   understanding of Forrest and Plug-ins.

   Duration: ~ 2 hrs?