forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: Meetup at ApacheCon? --> Room nearby!
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 09:18:56 GMT

David Crossley schrieb:
> [...]
>>>
>>>Would 19:00 hrs be good time to start?
>>>
>>>I'm off-line till Wednesday. Since some people need to arrange for
>>>their travel we should decide soon. So how about taking the time to
>>>comment until Wednesday so we can finalize the arrangements this week?
>>
>>I like your proposal, if it needs to change to accommodate other people
>>that is fine by me. I will be in Germany for about a week in total. Most
>>of it I will not be in Stuttgart however, I will ensure I am present
>>when there is anything "Forrest" going on.
>>

>>>(Below I'll include the agenda for both meetings from previous mail.)
>>>
>>>--
>>>Ferdinand Soethe
>>>
>>>We General Exchange on Forrest
>>>
>>>  an opportunity for Forrest users and developers to meet and have an
>>>  open exchange about Forrest. If we have enough people committed to
>>>  participating, we could/should we announce this meeting in our
>>>  Forrest session for interested people to join us.
>>
>>It is possible that we will not have many non-Forrest people taking this
>>up. If this is the case I would like to use this time to do some forward
>>planning and bug fixing. Will there be net access in this room?
>>
>>I see this as being compatible with an "open exchange" with potential
>>users and devs as we can ask what peoples use cases are and discuss
>>whether Forrest should/would be considered for that use case. In cases
>>where Forrest seems appropriate we can look at what changes need to be made.
>>

>>>Th Workshop Forrest Views
>>>
>>>  with Thorsten explaining the concept and practical details of his
>>>  Forrest-Views and plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
>>>
>>>  My hope is that I will have a chance to understand Views after that
>>>  which means that we will address people with a limited
>>>  understanding of Forrest and Plug-ins.
>>>
>>>  Duration: ~ 2 hrs?
>>
>>I propose no changes at all to this part of the agenda. Views is key to
>>the next release of Forrest and will, I think, finally see us moving to
>>a subset of XHTML2 as the internal. This should be a purely design
>>focused meeting.
>

> I agree with all of those aims. However i propose a different
> schedule so that we fit in better with the ApacheCon events,
> especially the Welcoming Reception and the official Birds of a
> Feather (BoF) sessions.
> http://apachecon.com/2005/EU/html/sessions.html

> Event: Apache Committers Hackathon
>
> Date: Tuesday
>
> Location: ApacheCon
>
> Topics: Meet other committers. Open discussion. Bug fixing.
>
> Audience: Committers only.

> Event: Apache Forrest project workshop
>
> Date: Tuesday 19:00 until whenever.
>
> Location: The HfT room.
>
> Topics: Views, XHTML internal format, project planning.
>
> Audience: Anyone is welcome, but discussions will be technical
> and will assume knowledge of Forrest. We will certainly answer
> questions to ensure that people understand background. However
> the main aim is an intensive project design session.

I will have a presentation about Forrest in German that
day (Tue, 19th July), also at the HfT, also starting at
19h. Ferdinand wanted to go there, too. This will last
for about 1-1.5 hours. I'll check back about the room
(I asked for the conference days 20-22, which was OK by
Peter).

Johannes

> Event: Apache Forrest get together
>
> Date: Wednesday 20:00 until whenever
>
> Location: The HfT room.
>
> Topics: Open discussions.
>
> Audience: Anyone.

> Event: Apache Forrest Birds of a Feather (BoF) session
>
> Date: Thursday 20:00 until 21:00
>
> Location: ApacheCon
>
> Topics: Open discussions.
>
> Audience: Conference attendees.

Ludwigsburg
Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

Burmester
www.user-interface-tuning.de