forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Skins
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 11:04:30 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Tim Williams wrote:
>>it got me thinking that maybe there
>>should be a little "skininfo.xml" in each skin directory where the
>>current status of the skin could be pulled
> Would it make sense to also pull a short description of the skin so
> that users can get a list of available skins including a short
> description (with the available-skins command).
> That way we could perhaps stop maintaining the descriptions of skins
> on the web site and simply have each skin explain itself. Might be
> useful to include the development status of the skin in the listing as
> well.

Take a look at

I would propose that the first stage is to generalise this code into a
helper package and use tat to generate both the plugins and skins list.

As I said in an earlier mail, I think a later version should do as Tim
suggests and have the individual skin/plugin details within the
skin/plugin itself, but lets do one step at a time.

View raw message