forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Meetup at ApacheCon? --> Room nearby!
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 09:21:05 GMT
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> Good news: we can have a room at the FHT for the
> evenings, thanks to Prof. Hauber. The faculty is
> close by the conference center, see
> http://www.hft-stuttgart.de/Hochschule/wirueberuns/Lageplan/
> It's right below the "ApacheCon" sign in the map
> http://apachecon.com/2005/EU/images/Stuttgart-Plan_gross.gif
>
> We'll need to decide when we'll meet.
>
> Prof. Hauber works in the area oif Internet Technologies,
> Web Programming, Web Content Management Systems, and
> Open Source Software. One special interest is in Apache
> (he'll try to join the conference).

Please pass on my personal thanks to Prof. Hauber. If I remember
correctly Prof. Hauber and I met whilst I was working in in Trinidad and
Tobago (if so I'll be remembered best as the "Englishman at UWI", a
stuck out a little like that :-)). I hope we get the opportunity to meet
again.

(UWI = University of the West Indies)

Prof. Hauber, and his university, have a valuable set of experiences
with respect to the use of Open Source and its utilisation within the
educational arena. We should seek to benefit from these experiences.
Apache Forrest is a valuable asset in the educational arena (that is why
I started using Forrest and why I started the related
http://www.burrokeet.org project).

Regarding his personal interests I remember them as being in
cryptography and security, maybe he has changed direction a little, or
maybe there are two Prof. Haubers, we'll soon know.

Oh yeah, and a big thank you to Johannes for coordinating this.

Ross