forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release notes generation
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 19:41:22 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>I just committed changes to the projectinfo plugin that will generate
>>release notes for a particular version of forrest from status.xml.
>>
>>If you request http://localhost:8888/releaseNotes_0.7-dev.html you will
>>
>>Let me know if you can see any improvements to be made.
>>

> Do we need to keep old copies on our svn?
> why do we need 10 RELEASE-NOTES-0.* files?

They are not in SVN, they are dynamically generated from status.xml when
a request of the above format is recieved. Currently there is no link to
any release notes within site. One should be added of course, but there
is nothing to say that we have to keep it there in a subsequent release.

There is duplication in the notes section. I was thinking about moving
out some parts into a different file, but that is for another day (or
someone else)

Ross