forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Release notes generation
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 18:39:03 GMT
I just committed changes to the projectinfo plugin that will generate
release notes for a particular version of forrest from status.xml.

If you request http://localhost:8888/releaseNotes_0.7-dev.html you will
be given the release notes for 0.7.

I also enabled the Text plugin to allow
http://localhost:8888/releaseNotes_0.7-dev.txt However, there are a few
problems to be resolved with the layout of this version.

The notes are created from status.xml. Actions that have
@importance="high" will appear in the release notes. The initial text in
the page comes from the new (optional) element "notes".

In future we should write our status.xml actions with this in mind:

- should it be importance="high"?
- will the action read correctly in the release notes?

Let me know if you can see any improvements to be made.

Ross