forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About unknow libraries within lib/core
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 10:40:44 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>

>>How do we know that users are not taking advantage of those
>>jars for other purposes?
>>

> Well, we do not know that, I guess that testing. We only can claim
> support for funcionality that is documented. And xsp is not documented
> as feature in our documentation, so I think that it should not been there.
>
> We had a discussion about including libraries, and I was the one that
> support adding them on forrest, so people could use them out of the box.
>  But now I see that from the other point of view.

I'm +0 (meaning I could be convinced otherwise by a goood argument) for
moving them out to the plugins. One of the goals of plugins is to
streamline the core Forrest distribution.

> For the standard
> distribution, you need only those libraries that are neede, if you want
> to custom forrest for other purposed, then "cp
> $COCOON_HOME/lib/optional/castor*.jar $FORREST_HOME/lib/core" is not a
> bit problem ┬┐right?

I'm -1 on that method of extension, we should allow projects to have a
lib directory. Extension jars go in there under the users control.

Ross