forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clean up freshsite to be just that
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 16:05:48 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>

>>Ross Gardler wrote:
>>

>>>The way we handle raw content has changed (it no longer has its own
>>>directory it is kept alongside the "to be processed" content). As a
>>>consequence the documentation is incorrect. Someone needs to go through
>>>the docs and correct it. We also need some samples adding to fresh-site
>>>(or the proposed demo site).
>>

>>Thanks for making that clearer. Will try to take care of that soon.
>>
>>But while we are at it and since I just suggested to go back to having
>>raw content in the same dir, can you tell what the reason behind the
>>separation was?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>--
>>Ferdinand Soethe
>>

> it was to allow raw content be processed without transformation (java
> files and such)

Prior to this change raw content was kept in a separate directory. This
meant users had to manage two directory structures, which, more of ten
than not, were the same. Now we just place the *raw* files in the xdocs
directory. (which means the xdocs name is now misleading hence the
proposal to remove it after 0.7).

Ross