forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Splitting build and output directories (was Re: [Proposal] Forrest Terminology)
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 16:03:30 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

<snip what="lots of potentially confused stuff because..."/>

>>>Right. I do want to get rid of it because of the naming overlap wih
>>>building the programm.
>

>>I'm not convinced. The files that are built with forrest are required by
>>a dynamically served site. Therefore there is no distinction between the
>>forrest appication and a site hosted in the forrest appication.
>

> Ah, I'm beginning to understand. But the why are they not part of the
> forrest programm tree? Why have them in the project tree at all?

It seems we have been talking at cross-purposes. I was referring to the
build directory in the Forrest directory, not in the project directory.
If this isn't a perfect example of a need for clearer names I don't know
what is :-))

If I understand you correctly you are actually referring to the "build"
directory in a project. Would you like to restate your proposal for this
restructuring since I may have taken us way off track.

Ross