forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clean up freshsite to be just that
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 22:02:26 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> I'd like to reduce freshsite to be what the name says: a fresh site
> w/o content and menus. Are there reasons to have it like this, do we
> need to offer two different options like
>
>         forrest seed (for bare bones fresh site)
>         forrest demo (to generate a demo site)
>
> If the latter is possible and required, I suggest to extend it
> (gradually) to show more configuration options with tabs and site.

It has been suggested a few times that we provide a bare bones site as a
seed as well as a demo site.

I think the demo site is needed as it shows what forrest can do quickly
and simply. The seed site used to be much simpler, but over time it has
grown into a demo site.

It would be great to see a bare bones site and an enhanced demo site.

Perhaps you could start with http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-470
as this is a blocker for the 0.7 release

Ross