forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Forrest sites google ranking
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 15:55:24 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>David Crossley wrote:

> Instead i have used a different mechanism. On the server there is now
> a 'svn co' of the 0.6 docs into the top-level of our website.
> When it comes time for the 0.7 release, we just need to remove them
> and checkout the 0.7 docs in their place.

Sounds just fine.

> Sorry for wrecking our Google rank.

Well we were all here when this solution was discussed, so I guess we
are all sorry, but there is good new...

The good news is that with your new solution our home page has actually
gone *up* in the rankings. We are now ranked at 8, which is pretty damn
high (it's appears to be a logarithmic scale from 0 to 10, although
Google do not publish their exact formula).

View raw message