forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Web Site based on Forrest
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 11:32:27 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> Just a note to let you know that I have published my web site using Apache
> Forrest. I still have some minor issues to resolve, but the content is driven
> entirely from Docbook XML.
>
> http://www.inwords.co.za

added, thanks

> Feedback thoughts, ideas, typos, etc. All welcomed.

I was thinking of contacting people like yourself, who have customised
their skins, and requesting that you make the skin available for others
via the skin download mechanism. It would be an easy way to contribute
back to the community.

All you need to do is package the skin using forrest and make it
available somewhere on the web and let us know what to add to the
skins.xml file (see http://forrest.apache.org/0.6/docs/skin-package.html )

Of course, there is no obligation to do this. If the skin is an
important part of your corporate branding we will understand perfectly.

Problem is, the skin download mechanism has been around for a long time
but has not really been tested out in the real world. Perhaps you could
help us out by being the first to provide a skin to download?

Ross