forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: status state
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 11:22:16 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Hi,
> i am looking at how we use status.xml, and these are my impressions:
>
> 1) I always like it status.xml to be on the root of out svn space, so
> when you make a change you could modify it over there. Can we change
> that back?

I have no feelings in this whatsoever.

> 2) I tried to put the document type of status and I have found around
> 400 validation errors. they are mostly on the context attributes.

:-))

I did exactly the same thing and decided it was too big a job to fix in
the middle of the night when I did it, so I ran away ;-)

> The valid attributes are "build,code,docs,admin,design"
>
> My proposal is to add documentation about the scope of every single
> attribute ie:
> build ---> our build system and tools that make the sofware
> code  ---> xsl,sitemaps and java code that we use
> docs  ---> our website, and documentation of the project.
> design --> ¿?¿? skins maybe?

I'd put skins under code, especially with view/viewhelper coming along
which blurs the distinction even more.

design would be things like refactoring?

>  out of that I am happy to help to convert all of those.

I'm still running away, so feel free ;-)

Ross