forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Forrest sites google ranking
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 14:52:55 GMT
I just noticed that the changes in the Forrest site have resulted in a
complete loss of our google ranking. That is we currently have a rank of
"n/a". Prior to the redirects we had a very healthy 7.

Since our redirect will change every time we release a new version this
loss of ranking will happen with each release.

Of course, the Google engine still has the old indexes and these links
will be redirected when the user arrives. My concern is that over time
we will suffer because of this.

I think we need to change the website so that we have an index.html page
that is consitent through all releases. However, I do not claim to fully
understand the Google ranking algorithm, so please correct me if I am wrong.

Ross