forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject [Fwd: Re: SISSL compatible with ASL?]
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 09:10:02 GMT
The legal-discuss list came up with the attached, summary is that the
MSOffice plugin will have to be hosted elsewhere. I'll put it in the
Burrokeet CVS. Any Forest committer requiring CVS access  over there
need only ask for it.

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 16:17:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Behlendorf <>
To: Ross Gardler <>
Subject: Re: SISSL compatible with ASL?

The ASL-licensed works can be combined with SISSL-licensed works without
the license on one part encumbering the license on the other.  However
SISSL-licensed works can not be sublicensed under the ASL, which means you
can not incorporate the SISSL licensed works into a work that as a whole
is licensed under the ASL.  Which means the SISSL works must be kept out
of CVS/SVN and treated like an external dependency.  As best I can tell.