forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Schlabach <tschlab...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Serving Apache Forrest site from live Forrest
Date Sun, 01 May 2005 20:08:10 GMT
 > Apache is getting more hardware donated lately, so it may be that we
 > get to use it. In any case, I don't want to ask for the usage of it if
 > we don't yet know what to do with it, hence the RT.

Before making the full move and serve the websites entirely dynamically,
how about providing a Forrestbot infrastructure for projects to use in
order for the generation of today's static sites to be server based. We
in the Apache Lenya project each have to maintain our personal Forrest
installation and generate the HTML locally in order to maintain our
website, see: http://lenya.apache.org/community/website-update.html

(This is painful, time consuming and error-prone IMO and experience.)

I was looking at this issue some time ago and learned that there are no
alternatives to this at that point in time because the ASF does not have
a hardware to host a production Forrest(bot). Or is that available in
the meanwhile and we just missed it?

Regards,
Torsten