forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [Proposal] remove views from forrest (Re: Views as a Domain Specific Language)
Date Sun, 29 May 2005 15:25:43 GMT
On Dom, 29 de Mayo de 2005, 8:22, Thorsten Scherler dijo:

<snip/>

>> So in conclusion, I agree with Gregors concerns, but I also agree with
>> the direction Thorsten is trying to go in.
>>

> Actually that is the reason why I am proposing that forrest is *not*
> officially developing views anymore. I do not see that it get accepted
> better said it is causing confusion and concerns by user. I happily
> remove all code regarding views from forrest if the forrest pmc will
> positively vote for it.
>
> If this happens I will open an OS-project and develop it elsewhere. I
> will provide in such a project support for lenya and forrest but this
> would be independently from both projects.
>
> Forrest can keep on using skins with all the downside that they have
> (see the recent threads on user/dev). They are accepted. ;-)

What are you talking about? Thorsten, please don't take it too personal!

People can comment about the work you are doing. Unfortunately, I don't
had time to check you current work.

3 lessons I learned:

1-Don't get angry when people do bad comments about your work. AFAIK, only
people that do nothing, never makes mistakes!. ;-)

I know how frustating is when you spended a lot of hours in a job and then
somebody told you this is not good. Please, next time, better breath a bit
and wait until you are OK, before answering. ;-) --> Pollo Alemán!

2-I will suggest you to finish the job and then show us how easy or
dificult it is.

3-Keep the user interface in mind all the time.

I remember you told me about this since last year. I still believe the
idea is good.

So please don't call unnecesary votes before it is needed. ok? ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.