forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Meetup at ApacheCon? --> Room nearby!
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 02:41:12 GMT
Johannes Schaefer wrote:

> I will have a presentation about Forrest in German that
> day (Tue, 19th July), also at the HfT, also starting at
> 19h. Ferdinand wanted to go there, too. This will last
> for about 1-1.5 hours. I'll check back about the room
> (I asked for the conference days 20-22, which was OK by
> Peter).

I am very sorry Johannes, that completely slipped my mind.

Is your event open to other other German-speaking people
or do you want to limit it to your group? I ask because
we might create an "Events" page at the Forrest website.

Does your meeting usually finish and then people leave?
If so, then perhaps our project workshop could start
after that. Anyway, we don't want to put any pressure
on you or your meeting. So that option is removed below.

On one hand, it would be better for our project workshop
to be held earlier in the week, preferably before the
Get Together, so that we have our story straight regarding
Views and XHTML2 core. (The committers can do some of that
at the Hackathon during the day on Tuesday.)

On the other hand, later is better because we can have
a wider audience and also take into account the use-cases
expressed at the earlier sessions. Another reason for
doing it later is that the sessions then progress from
easier topics to more complex.

I now think that we should dispense with the option of an
ApacheCon Birds of a Feather (BoF) session. I was trying
to ensure that we don't divert attention away from ApacheCon.

So it seems that we are back to the original plan.
Here is the current schedule:

------------------------------------
Tuesday 19 July

Event: Apache Committers Hackathon
Time: all day
Location: ApacheCon

Event: Meeting of usability professionals (Johannes)
Time: 19:00 until 20:30
Location: HfT

------------------------------------
Wednesday 20 July

Event: ApacheCon Session WE16 (Ross and Ferdinand)
Time: 14:30 until 15:30
Location: ApacheCon

Event: Apache Forrest get together
Time: 20:00 until whenever