forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JIRA] Created: (FOR-505) Allow the retrieval of raw html files
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 03:44:05 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> [ snip ]
>
> We could add a new skinconf property to define the behaviour for *.html
> files in xdocs we can tell people affected by this issue to make their
> embedded content ihtml and their raw content html. i.e.
>
> <!-- HTML files in the XDoc directory can  wither be passed unprocessed
> to the client, or they can be skinned like any other content. If you set
> this setting to false, you can include skinned files by giving them the
> ihtml extension. -->
>
> <skinHTMLSources>true</skinHTMLSources>
>
> The result is, setting skinHTML to false will give the same behaviour as
> 0.6 We could make this the default in order to minimise the upgrade
> behaviour.

If we implement this workaround, then i reckon that the default
should be "true". It would be easier to explain the "false" case
and it would be a smaller number of people affected.

However, it forces them to change their filename extensions.
That would be difficult for the main use-case, which is to include
a set of existing *.html docs as part of the site.

The thread "RT: RAW content" that is linked from issue FOR-505
ended with an interesting idea about using site.xml to specify
exclude/include patterns.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=110172196321097
It seems to be independent from the "locationmap" ideas discussed
earlier in that thread. Would that be better to implement now,
rather than the skinHTMLSources=true workaround?

--David