forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fussy feelings about 0.7
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 01:46:10 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > as more mails I read (mainly from Ross and David) as more I get a fussy
> > > feelings in my stomach about the 0.7.
> > >
> > > Sure we want to get the 0.7 out the door but it seems there are some
> > > *big* bugs that need solutions. On the other hand this solutions will be
> > > changed again in 0.8.
> >
> > Care to highlight them, I'm not aware of any, with the exception of the
> > raw html issue, for which I already proposed, what I think is a suitable
> > fix.
>
> I had the raw html issue in mind but like you stated you already
> proposed a fix.

That is certainly a problem. Ross' proposed solution sounds good.
See discussion at:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111696814000010

The issue is documented at http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-505
It is not yet scheduled for fixing for 0.7 release.

> > > IMO we should think again about the release and how we want to do it.
> > >
> > > WDYT?
> >
> > I think if there are any remaining issues you want to see fixed you
> > should fix them ;-)
>
> I will try to help in the next days.
>
> Is there a to do list or do I use the bug tracker directly?
>
> > We are not in a code freeze yet.

We use the Forrest Jira issue tracker:
http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#patch

Obviously not every issue is listed there. Look at the Roadmap
is the best way to get an overview. The Unscheduled list also
needs regular review, some of them may need to be scheduled for
the 0.7 release.

--David