forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fussy feelings about 0.7
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 00:59:59 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > Thorsten, you started this thread, and Cheche you said "me too".
> > However neither of you followed up to tell us what your concerns are.
> >
> > Please say something. Even if your comments are not specific,
> > we need to know why you are making these disruptive statements.
>
> sure,
> I think that "FOR-465: Logging Error: Writing event to closed stream."
> and the output "Lazy mode: true"  and a "log4j:WARN Please initialize
> the log4j system properly." look bad.

Looks bad, but is it sufficient to stop a release.
The first two are now both documented at the issue tracker
as FOR-465 and FOR-513. We can also add FAQs if necessary.

The Log4j warning appeared recently when the log4j.jar was added.
Today i added a log4j.properties file which makes the configuration
warning go away.

> I think as well that they do not affect to the output site, but in order
> to fix the first two issues, we would need to upgrade our version of
> cocoon.
> At the moment we are not able to do so, Carsten is aware that the
> command line enviroment is not working, so we need to wait for him to
> fix it and them test those changes.
> But I am happy if those changes go to the next release (0.71)

If really necessary, then sure we can do a 0.71 release.

--David