forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: zone for testing forrest
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 07:27:54 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> David Crossley dijo:
> > David Crossley wrote:
>
> I saw the link, perhaps we can setup the default profile for all the users
> as stated in the link:
>
> PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/sfw/sbin:/opt/sfw/bin: \
> /opt/sfw/sbin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/usr/X/bin:/usr/ucb: \
> /usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/opt/subversion-1.1.4/bin

Yes that would be good. For the moment i have just added it
to my own ~/.bash_profile

> Also, will be fine to set bash as the default shell for all the users too.
> People using linux will love that. ;-)

Not just Linux people. I would be prefer bash. I have just configured
it as my own default.

> <snip/>
>
> > So what services do we want to establish?
>
> Perhaps a distribution of plugins? Is posible to distribute there some
> skins? I still remember our idea that was reject by sourceforge.

This is ASF equipment, so rules about licensing are still the same.

My question was rather about whether to use Tomcat or Jira, etc.
See below.

> Also, I noted we are running in the zone java 1.5_01, perhaps we should
> move to 1.5_03? ;-)

That is a global zone thing. If you want Java updated then
need to ask at infrastructure@ list. It will apply to all zones.

> > We would need either Tomcat or Jira so that we can test
> > our webapp in a servlet container. We also would run the
> > forrestbot webapp interface there, probably building the
> > "seed site" and maybe our trunk website.
> >
> > We already have an Apache HTTP Server 2.0 on port 80.
> > I suppose that we would use ProxyPass etc. to hide the
> > servlet container.
> >
> > How do we make people aware that this is not our production
> > website? I have already added a robots.txt to keep the
> > honourable ones out.
>
> Perhaps as brutus does. A home page stating: "Beaware: This is only a demo
> site". Or something like that.

That is easy for the front page, but each page of content is
more difficult. For the moment stopping Google from indexing
is a good start.

--David