forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: 0.7 is nearly there
Date Sat, 14 May 2005 03:30:08 GMT
scott hutinger wrote:

> If a newer version of xerces were in place, I would say yes.  But that
> is not the case, as xerces has not released anything as of yet.
> That isn't truly Ant related, but just one point of view.

We can use pre-releases of these supporting products, we don't
need to wait for a final release. An svn snapshot is fine.

If people have an actual need for updated libraries, then
please say so. We can add them now, because we will be
going into a testing phase soon.

> Ross Gardler wrote:
> >Is there any justification for delaying our release in order
> >to include this version of ANT?

See above for an alternative. I suggest, with our imminent
release, that we stick with what we have working now.

--David