forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: New Web Site based on Forrest
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 11:27:09 GMT
On Monday 09 May 2005 13:32, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
> > Just a note to let you know that I have published my web site using
> > Apache Forrest. I still have some minor issues to resolve, but the
> > content is driven entirely from Docbook XML.
> >
> > http://www.inwords.co.za
>
> added, thanks

Great.

> > Feedback thoughts, ideas, typos, etc. All welcomed.
>
> I was thinking of contacting people like yourself, who have customised
> their skins, and requesting that you make the skin available for others
> via the skin download mechanism. It would be an easy way to contribute
> back to the community.
>
> All you need to do is package the skin using forrest and make it
> available somewhere on the web and let us know what to add to the
> skins.xml file (see http://forrest.apache.org/0.6/docs/skin-package.html )
>
> Of course, there is no obligation to do this. If the skin is an
> important part of your corporate branding we will understand perfectly.
>
> Problem is, the skin download mechanism has been around for a long time
> but has not really been tested out in the real world. Perhaps you could
> help us out by being the first to provide a skin to download?

Yes, I am aware of this problem. However, like you say branding is an issue. I
will see if I can squeeze some time to develop a more generic skin type,
based on the one you see on my web site, and publish that. I may also have
the opportunity to produce a new skin for another project I am working on.

Keep in touch.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author