forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: SVN Inconsitent Line Endings
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 03:32:50 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> >I presume that this does not happen when you do 'forrest' to
> >build the plugin's docs, rather than doing 'ant docs'.
> I had also assumed that, however it turns our to be incorrect.
> In fact doing "forrest site" on any site, including site-author, results
> in the same error.
> I can only assume that it has not raised it's head before because I have
> not been the first person to commit generated sites to SVN with the eol
> settings set to "native".

Sorry, i can't parse that. Too many "nots". :-)

All text files should have line-endings appropriate for the local system
OS and should always be 'svn propset svn:eol-style native'.

> Given the above observation that the XSL generated comments ahve
> different line endings to other XSL generated files I can only assume it
> is something to do with the XSLT parser.

What happens when you do a simple test with Xalan on the commandline.

> For now I have put a workaround in place in the buildfile (uses an ant
> task to fix the line endings). I'll also place an issue on the issue
> tracker to remind us of this.

I saw that. However i couldn't understand why it was converting
them to UNIX line-endings regardless of which OS the user is on.
Do we need to detect the OS?

I have not heard of this problem before. At Cocoon and Incubator,
people on various operating systems generate the website and commit
the result to SVN, with no problems.

View raw message