forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN Inconsitent Line Endings
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 03:32:50 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> >I presume that this does not happen when you do 'forrest' to
> >build the plugin's docs, rather than doing 'ant docs'.
>
> I had also assumed that, however it turns our to be incorrect.
>
> In fact doing "forrest site" on any site, including site-author, results
> in the same error.
>
> I can only assume that it has not raised it's head before because I have
> not been the first person to commit generated sites to SVN with the eol
> settings set to "native".

Sorry, i can't parse that. Too many "nots". :-)

All text files should have line-endings appropriate for the local system
OS and should always be 'svn propset svn:eol-style native'.

> Given the above observation that the XSL generated comments ahve
> different line endings to other XSL generated files I can only assume it
> is something to do with the XSLT parser.

What happens when you do a simple test with Xalan on the commandline.

> For now I have put a workaround in place in the buildfile (uses an ant
> task to fix the line endings). I'll also place an issue on the issue
> tracker to remind us of this.

I saw that. However i couldn't understand why it was converting
them to UNIX line-endings regardless of which OS the user is on.
Do we need to detect the OS?

I have not heard of this problem before. At Cocoon and Incubator,
people on various operating systems generate the website and commit
the result to SVN, with no problems.

--David