forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Serving Apache Forrest site from live Forrest
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 01:35:09 GMT
I am still away on holidays, so it is hard to reply properly.

Thanks to Nicola Ken for starting the discussion. We have
been waiting for years for this to happen.

I reckon that we don't need to come up will *all* of
the answers before asking ASF infrastructure for the
machine. That is the reason for the Solaris zones
on the new server. Each PMC will have a place to
experiment with their own solutions.

Torsten, to answer your question earlier in this thread:

We also do want a Forrestbot as well as the dynamic
Forrest webapp. We had a recent demo on brutus.apache.org
See http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/proposal-asf-forrestbot.html
and the other general Publish proposal.
However that had to be closed for unrelated reasons.
Now we are being asked to assist with a "site build
server" (see current thread on infrastructure@a.o)

--David