forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Raw and process content directories
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 18:30:40 GMT

Just to make sure I have this right before I rewrite any more
documentation:

In /docs/upgrading_07.html#raw I found:

> In 0.6 version, the raw content was placed in the
> src/documentation/content/ directory and potential sub-directories.
> In the generated site, these links would automatically function. Any
> linked file with .html extension was not processed and not adorned
> with Forrest skin and navigation menus.

> In 0.7 version, any file that is linked to, needs to be placed in
> the content/xdocs/ directory structure. Any linked file with .html
> extension is now processed and is adorned with Forrest skin and
> navigation menus.

> If you need to include files that are not linked to, then place them
> in the src/documentation/content/ directories as with the 0.6
> version.

So does

 "any file that is linked to, needs to be placed in
  the content/xdocs/"

really mean that I will get an error if I place
a file that is linked to in the content-directory.

Or does it mean "can now be placed in either xdocs or content
directory at my disgression" depending on wether I want processing to
happen or not.

> If you need to link to html files but want them to be un-processed,
> then place them in the src/documentation/content/ directories and
> add an entry to conf/cli.xconf to exclude them from processing. An
> FAQ describes the use of Cocoon's cli.xconf

This last para seems to confirm the first version because otherwise I
could just place the file into content rather than writing an
exclusion rule.

Thanks for making that clear.

--
Ferdinand Soethe