forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BOF for Forrest
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 11:29:30 GMT
On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 12:58 +0200, Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
> > I got an answer from torsten, his question is:
> > How many people would be for a sunday hackathon is the question...
>
> I'd like to attend if my hosts will extend my accommodation (Likely)
>

> > cocoon/forrest- hackaton
> > Torsten Curdt has a room and passed my details to a possible sponsor for
> > a room. He wants to know how many people want to attend this happening.
> > I thought we can have here a small introduction of forrest and then go
> > hacking. :)
>
> Being now to all this, does hackaton always mean that you hack
> (develop) code or does it also include f2f-design sessions?
>
> In my mind there are a number of issues hat would benefit a lot from
> having an f2f discussion for a proper design while implementing the
> stuff is rather secondary.

+1 for design discussion *and* hacking (basic prototyping if you
want) ;-)

We can as well doing the workshop on here.

> > ASF hackaton
> > Would be nice to attend that if possible with as many forrest committer
> > as possible. Here we could hack together some mayor features for forrest
> > because we could talk face to face and coordination should be easy.
>
> I'm unclear about the difference to the cocoon/forrest hackathon?

:) One is from the ASFCon the other is our private arrangement. The one
from ASF only committers and members are allowed. The other is open to
public (I guess there will be some limitation by the room regarding the
max quantity of person).

> > non-registered BOF session
> > The workshop that Ferdinand suggested. Johannes was trying to contact
> > the university which sounds pretty well and offered room in his company.
> > Is there are good public transportation connection to where you work?
> > Maybe there are as well some students interested to attend it.
>
> Yes, it would be very nice to have a room for this.
>
> > registered BOF session
> > Like the non-registered BOF session but organized by the ASF.
>
> pls note that this in my view was meant to be a general exchange for
> people to come and ask more questions ...

That means only registered people can attend this.

> > Possible timeline:
> > 17.07 - sunday - cocoon/forrest- hackaton
> > 18.08 - monday - ASF hackaton
>
> > 19.08 - tuesday - (non-)registered BOF session
> I was thinking to have this in the evening so that people can attend
> after work and we are not parallel to any conf activities.
> In that case we should not have it on Tueday because at least two
> people will be off to Johannes presentation for UI-professionals.

Ups, my bet.

> Since I'd like to schedule the official Forrest-BOF on Wednesday (after our
> presentation) I'd suggest the workshop to happen Thur or Fri.
> Of course if there are only rooms available on Tuesday, that would be
> a different story.

Hmm, it's really depends how long I stay whether I can get some kind of
discount. If not I guess I will only go half day besides the hackatons.

> Thanks to Thorsten and Johannes for traing to find something.

:) actually we have to thank torsten curdt for that and not me. ;-)

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)