forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] New format for skinconf
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:23:38 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 13:42 +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>  - making a skin have a default skinconf that can be overridden: in
>>this way, all Apache could have an Apache skin with the copyright
>>already set, and a consistent look;
>
> Hmm, in 0.8 we will not have the traditional skins that we have right
> now. They become views based on contracts.

I hope that's not what we are going to tell our users =-)

> This contracts can be written
> the way you just suggested. Create a default copyright contract that can
> be used apache wide.
>
> ....BUT I would not suggest to keep it in the skinconf. The skinconf is
> to inflexible due to the fact that it is configuring the WHOLE site and
> not only on a per page/document base. What would you do when you have a
> one page or a couple of pages with different copyright notices?

This is part of the other thread, the per-page based properties.
Skinconf should be only the default for each section or page, that can
overried it's values, I agree.

I think I have to stop here on this, as one should now mix that thread
with this conclusion and come to a unified design, and I'm too tired.

Wanna try? :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -