forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: planning for 0.7 release
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:55:24 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> On Mar 31, 2005 David Crossley wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>>What worries me is that we don't hear many other people stepping
>>>up to help with the release. So maybe we need to delay it for
>>>another week or two.
>>
>>Sorry to everyone who was expecting a release, but the freeze date
>>has passed and we are not ready. We need people, both committers
>>and developers, to assist with documentation and outstanding issues.
>

> Well we are in a lot better shape over the
> last few weeks. Some major issues were fixed.
>
> The website is almost sorted out. Just need
> to remove the /dev/ directory and remove the old
> top-level docs. They are all being handled with
> the .htaccess redirects. We need to reinstate our
> local forrestbots so that we committers can publish
> docs easily. That should be just tweaking of a config
> following the merge of the docs-author directory
> with site-author.
>
> The plugin infrastructure seems to be pretty good.
> I haven't yet tried publishing the various plugin docs
> yet. Ross has done it a few times. The plugins directory
> in forrest/site SVN needs cleanup, and there are some
> old files on the server. The renaming seems to be all done.

I *think* this works now, but I have not been able to do enough testing
as I get strange errors about inconsistent line endings and have not had
time to get the the bottom of the problem yet.

> There are still some Jira issues open. We don't need to
> fix everything.
>
> I will be away on holidays for the next week. I will try
> to do email.

During that time I will go through the remaining issues and see what we
should consider a *must* for this release.

> If anyone wants to propose a new release schedule, like
> we did earlier in this thread, then go for it. Otherwise
> i will do that when i get back.

Anyone volunteering to coordinate the release for us? It involves
setting dates, notifying the list of code freezes, building the
distributions, getting us devs to test etc.

There is a document in SVN that describes what must be done, and of
course we will all help out.

I'll keep focussed on the remaining bugs (should have some time next week).

Ross