forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Bug Days (Was Re: better use of Jira for Forrest)
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:03:08 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> David Crossley a écrit :
>
>> David Crossley wrote:
>>

>>> We need to be continually cleaning up our Jira issue tracker.
>>> There is a lot of clutter and it means that we cannot have a
>>> good view of our situation.
>>>

>> The remainder of this old thread led to a bit of a cleanup.
>>
>> It also led to a brilliant idea about a regular bug day
>> which we should instigate soon.
>>

> When will we decide the regular bug day ?

Are you volunteering to organise it? I do hope so ;-)

Cocoon do this fairly regularly and so we could just borrow their
techniques see
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/FirstFriday?highlight=%28friday%29%7C%28first%29

There isn't much to be done, just remind the dev and user list when it
will occur a few times before the event.

We'd need the infrastructure to work with, such as wiki page, IRC
channel but this is a simple one-off set up. I would think Cocoon will
be happy for us to use their Wiki since we don't have one.

We'd also need someone to craft a mail/wiki page telling us all how to
participate.

With repsect to when, I agree with Davids comments that the first
something in a month is easy to remember. I agree Modays is bad for the
same reasons (back to work overhead).

I would suggest Friday is bad because some of Friday UTC is Saturday
elsewhere in the world and since I don't want to "work" on Saturday's
I'm guessing others will feel the same way. However, since I am in GMT
this doesn't affect me so I won't object to a Friday if that is what
others want.

I'd be fine with:

First Tuesday
First Wednesday
First Thursday

I have a slight preference for Tuesdays.

Lets remind ourselves that we are not talking about being available for
the whole 24 hours, or even every bug day. We are simply trying to
identify the day that would be most likely to see us being able provide
*some* time during the 24 hours in *some* months.

As with all things Open Source no-one *expects* others to be present on
Bug Days, we just hope to see you.

Ross