forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: Why are navigational element are not static when scrolling long pages?
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:02:12 GMT

Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Johannes Schaefer a écrit :
>
>> See also
>>    http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/
>>
> The stylesheet is CSS2.1 compliant : position: fixed exists.
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#propdef-position
>
> So this is a IE problem...

Yeah, doesn't work in MSIE :-(

>> Use firefox to change to alternative stylesheets!
>
> I always use firefox !
> I often work under Linux to update my site with forrest, so...
>
>> (make sure to check out "Blue Shadows")
 > Huh  ? What do you mean ?

They (w3c) provide alternate stylesheets for this
page, which is impressing: it's a demo for what
you can do by only switching the CSS.

In Firefox: Menu -> View -> Website style -> Blue Shadow
(only have German installed, it's:
   Menu -> Ansicht -> Webseiten-Stil -> Blue Shadow)

You'll see in the Source-Code (Ctrl-U) a lot of entries
like this
   <link rel="alternate stylesheet" title="Blue shadows"
                                    href="../main.css">
These are the options that Firefox displays in the menu
entry. It's used to be in the lower left corner (I'm
now in v1.0.3).

Cheers
Johannes

> Cyriaque,
>

>> Johannes
>>

>> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:

>>> In the css file we can read :
>>>
>>> /* ##### Side Menu ##### */
>>>
>>> #side-bar {
>>>  color: rgb(204,204,204);
>>>  background-color: transparent;
>>> }
>>>
>>> [id="side-bar"] {
>>>  position: fixed !important;  /* Makes the side menu scroll with the
>>> page. Doesn't work in MSIE */
>>> }
>>>
>>> And checked with IE and that's right, it does not work...

Ludwigsburg
Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

Burmester
www.user-interface-tuning.de