forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: Why are navigational element are not static when scrolling long pages?
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:54:46 GMT
Thorsten Scherler a écrit :

>On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 09:39 +0200, Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>

>>Is there a reason, that the current skin does not keep navigational
>>element (menus and tabs, perhaps search) permanently in sight when I
>>scroll long pages?
>>

>You mean like http://www.amherst.edu/~jzhu/index2.html?

In the css file we can read :

/* ##### Side Menu ##### */

#side-bar {
  color: rgb(204,204,204);
  background-color: transparent;
}

[id="side-bar"] {
  position: fixed !important;  /* Makes the side menu scroll with the page. Doesn't work in
MSIE */
}

And checked with IE and that's right, it does not work...